ScanStation is a real-time incubator and colony counting station centralizing incubation, detection and counting of 100 Petri dishes.
Real-time incubator and colony counter
1. INCUBATOR & AUTOMATIC COLONY COUNTER ScanStation:
1 incubator of 100 Petri dishes + 1 robotic arm transfers the Petri dishes + 1 automatic ultra-HD colony counter
- 100 Petri dishes are counted every 30 minutes throughout the process. Colonies are detected and counted as soon as they appear
- Sooner: Detection of the colonies is made at an early stage of their development so the result is known 3 x sooner than with traditional methods, for example 8h instead of 24h.
- Faster: 100 Petri dishes are processed simultaneously: colony counting is done automatically during incubation.
- Accurate: Colonies are detected before clustering or covering can occur and are differentiated from plate labels and debris.
4. REAL-TIME BACTERIAL GROWTH
- Anticipated results:
Automation of colony counting during incubation saves time and allows earlier release of production batches.
- Real-time control: discover bacterial growth hour-by-hour and see the video during and after incubation with zoom, pause and replay features
- Zoom: zoom directly on the image to check the state of the colonies and closely study their development.
- Full traceability: data is archived and available throughout incubation up to final validation of the results.
5. INNOVATIVE FEATURES - PATENTS PENDING
- Robotic architecture: The incubator includes robotic architecture with a 100 Petri dishes carousel, an ultra rigid robotic arm for more accuracy and durability and an ultra-HD automatic colony counter.
- Pressure sensitive gripper: This high precision gripper fits the Petri dishes right side or upside down, secures them from the carousel and moves them to the image capture zone every 30 minutes.
- Incubator with Peltier effect: Peltier modules allow a temperature regulation of ± 1 °C, low energy consumption, no fluid nor compressor.
- Ultra HD image: With white LED lighting and 5 million pixels, the ultra HD camera enables accurate counting and detection of the colonies from their early development.
- Touch screen interface: Makes it easier to navigate through the software and gives real time access to the Petri dish data.
- Multibatch: The loading of Petri dishes can be done at the beginning or during the incubation. Petri dish batches can be added at any point during the process.