Varcode’s patented FreshCode™ “smart barcode” recorders are a breakthrough technology with much greater functionality than standard TTI labels. By combining temperature measurement into the data value of the barcode, Varcode has developed a low-cost but data-rich and easy-to-use solution for monitoring the cold chain.
The FreshCode recorder is activated by pulling a tab, and triggers a value change in the barcode if any of the multiple pre-set temperature events occurs. FreshCode can be read at as many checkpoints in the cold chain as required: from the point of activation all the way to the retail cashier.
Unlike other TTI labels, the smart barcode recorder is digitally read by standard barcode readers or by iOS and Android devices, ensuring accurate data without the need for equipment purchases. The resulting read is accurate, digital (permanent records to meet FSMA, GFSI or other documentation standards) and objective (eliminating the human interpretation risk of visual TTI solutions).
FreshCode recorders can be configured for a customer’s requirements, allowing easier integration with existing HACCP plans and QA procedures.
- Recorders configurable to a wide variety of Times / Temperatures – based on your requirements.
- Readable by standard barcode readers and Android and Apple smartphones.
- Unique serial ID per label, enabling rich Track & Trace functionality.
- Materials-safe construction.
- Integrated with the FCMS™ system for alerts, reporting and cold chain management.
- Low cost: Cost per unit is a fraction of the cost for electronic solutions with comparable performance.
- Data rich: Track temperature status at any point; immediately available for proactive alerts - and reporting.
- Integrated: Easily capture data across cold chain participants from manufacturer to logistics carrier to retailer.
- Unambiguous: Results and actions based on clear, deterministic data without needing human interpretation.
- Discreet: Status is encoded in the barcode, allowing you to notify only those who you want to know the results.
- No special equipment: “Smart barcode” is scannable by nearly any standard barcode scanner, smartphone or tablet.
- Fast implementation: Easy-to-use apps on existing equipment minimizes training and roll-out
FreshCode Standard Models:
|FreshCode™ Model #||Threshold Temperature||Status / Alert Times||Full Spec Sheets|
|13160||-16°C / 3°F||
||13160 Spec Sheet|
|11000||0°C / 32°F||
||11000 Spec Sheet|
|11050||5°C / 41°F||
||11050 Spec Sheet|
|11054||5°C / 41°F||
||11054 Spec Sheet|
|11080||8°C / 46°F||
||11080 Spec Sheet|
|11084||8°C / 46°F||
||11084 Spec Sheet|
|11100||10°C / 50°F||
||11100 Spec Sheet|
|11102||10°C / 50°F||
||11102 Spec Sheet|
|11150||15°C / 59°F||
||11150 Spec Sheet|
|11184||18°C / 64°F||
||11184 Spec Sheet|
|11201||20°C / 68°F||
||11201 Spec Sheet|